Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Agnes

Now you knew I couldn't really stay away didn't you! In all the topsy turvyness of my life right now, there is a still, calm place, a little oasis, in which I dream of dollies! Over the passed few weeks one such little soul kept coming to mind, persistently pulling at my sleave, until I really had no choice but to dig through all my boxes in storage, to find the meens to bring her to life!

Agnes has been patient, and I have enjoyed the freedom to take my time creating her, using a colour palate which has always called to me - I love these warm vintage tones - like an old photograph of happy times gone by! So often I find myself harking back to the colours of my comfort zone, breezy cool blues and mossy greens will never be far from my first choices, but Agnes has encouraged me to be a little bolder, and I dearly love her for that! 

After all, colours have always been of great significance to me, I meen with a name like Scarlett it's hard for it not to feel a big part of who I am, infact a big part of our family - 
as my brother and sisters have colours in their names too, did you know that?
But I digress, I'm sure you are all keen to meet Agnes...


This little girl loves the romance and mystery of days gone by. Take her to the book shop or library and she will spend many a happy hour smoothing the spines of the books with her fingers as she walks along, head tilted reading the titles aloud. She tells me how she loves the smell of the paper, and the old illustrations drawn with ink, especially the old nature journals - how she wishes she had been to the lands afar, discovering exotic birds and butterflies, never before seen!
I tell her there is so much world out there to discover still, and I know this heart strong girl will venture out and find her own lost land.



Agnes has chosen rich vintage tones of dandelion yellow and sky blue which bring to mind all the happiness of chidhood summers. She wears bird print cotton bloomers, a floral mini dress, hand knit linen cardigan, crochet sandals and matching hair tie.
At a mere 11 inchestall , Agnes, though small, assures me this height gives 
her a very unique point of view! ( did I say she was funny too!? ) 
She is sewn from organic cotton interlock in a dreamy chocolate brown tone and her hair is a needle felted crop of natural wensleydale curls. She features all the details you would expect of a larger doll, including ears, stitched eyebrows, a swirly belly button, sculpted bottom and dimpled knees.


Agnes dreams of travel, and would dearly love to find a home where she will get to go on exciting adventures and days out exploring! if you would like to welcome her into your family, please do visit the Enchanted Toybox this friday evening from 7pm est where she will be available comment style.

No comments:

Post a Comment